We participate in many health plans. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial PPO and Self-pay options.
Family Christian Health Center does not refuse medical services to anyone due to an inability to pay: however, we are not a free clinic. Patients who do not qualify for the above insurance programs may qualify for our Sliding Fee Scale Discount Program which gives you a discounted fee for services is based on your family size and income.
For your convenience, payment and payment options are available and is expected at the time of service. Not having payment at the time of service may result in your appointment being rescheduled.
- Access to Care, Medicaid HMO – FFS
- Aetna, Commercial – Non HMO
- Aetna Better Health MMAI, Medicare HMO
- All Kids, Medicaid
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Community Health Plan, Medicaid HMO – FFS
- Blue Cross Medicare-Medicaid Plan, Medicare HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Commercial – Non HMO
- Cigna, Commercial – Non HMO
- Commercial, and PPO, Commercial – Non HMO
- Community Care Alliance, Medicaid HMO – FFS
- Community Care Alliance – Medicare-Medicaid Plan, Medicare HMO
- County Care – Valence, Medicaid HMO – FFS
- Fresnius Health Care, Medicare HMO
- Humana, Commercial – Non HMO
- *Humana Gold, Medicare HMO (Dr. Hockenberry, Dr. Peng and Dr. Green ONLY)
- Ilinicare, Medicaid HMO – FFS
- Illinicare Medicare-Medicaid MMAI, Medicare HMO
- Illinois Medicaid, Medicaid
- IPG – Boncura, Commercial HMO – Capitation
- Medicare, HARVEY, LYNWOOD/DOLTON, Medicare
- Meridian Health Wellcare Plan, Medicaid HMO – FFS
- Meridian Wellcare Medicare Complete, Medicare HMO
- Multiplan, Commercial – Non HMO
- Next Level Health, Medicaid HMO – FFS
- Non Restricted POS, Commercial – Non HMO
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS), Commercial – Non HMO
- Railroad Medicare, Medicare
- Restoration Ministries, Restoration Ministries
- Self Pay 100%, Self Pay
- Sliding Fee Level 1 – 5, Sliding Fee Scale
- Tricare, Commercial – Non HMO
- Tricare for Life, Commercial – Non HMO
- United Health Care, Commercial – Non HMO
- *United Health Care Navigate, Commercial HMO (Dr. Hockenberry, Dr. Peng and Dr. Green ONLY)
- Zing Health, Medicare Advantage HMO
- Aetna Better Health (MMAI), Medicare
- Ambetter, Market Place (Medicaid)
- BCBS Community, Medicaid
- Cigna Health Springs, Medicare
- Community Care Alliance & MMAI, Medicaid/Medicare
- County Care, Medicaid
- Humana Medicaid, Medicaid
- Ilinicare & MMAI, Medicaid/Medicare
- IL Medicaid, Medicaid
- Meridian & MMAI, Medicaid/Medicare
- Next Level, Medicaid
- Wellcare (MMAI), Medicare
- IL Market Place, Commercial PPO
- Aetna (PPO), Commercial PPO
- Delta Dental, Commercial PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO), Commercial PPO
- Cigna (PPO), Commercial PPO
- Guardian Life, Commercial PPO
- Humana (PPO), Commercial PPO
- Met Life Insurance, Commercial PPO
- Sliding Fee Scale, Sliding Fee
- United Health Insurance (PPO), Commercial PPO
- Team Care (PPO), Commercial PPO
- GEHA, Commercial PPO
- Zing Health, Medicare Advantage HMO
- Apply for the Sliding Fee Scale Discount? To qualify for the Sliding Fee Scale Discount, your household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level* (at the time of application and re-certification) based on household size, and you must be uninsured or underinsured. Household members include those persons living in the same home who are related by birth, marriage, registered domestic partnership or adoption. To apply for the Sliding Fee Scale:
- Call 708-596-5177 and request an appointment with a member of the Billing staff.
- Print and complete Sliding Fee Scale Application (here)
- Bring in proof of identity issued by a government or educational institution (i.e. university), for example:
- Driver’s license
- State/city ID
- Permanent Resident Card
- Student ID
- Bring in proof of household income for all adult household members, for example:
- Most recent pay stub
- Most recent tax return
- Unemployment benefits check stub or original award letter
- Notarized letter on company letterhead stating wages.
- Notarized letter stating support from primary caregiver.
Already a patient with us?
- Family Christian Health Center will not honor your “self-attestation” for eligibility for the sliding fee scale discount.
- If your income has changed or your household size has increased, you may reapply at any time.
- Recertification must be completed every six months.
- See the front desk at check-in
- We accept these major credit cards: AMEX, VISA, MasterCard and Discover
Make a payment via Self Check-in Pads at the front desk!
- Skip the check-in line at the front counter with our new Self- check-in. Our Self Check-in allows you to verify your information, pay your co-pay or make payment arrangements from…anywhere! Register today
- If you do not have insurance, our Certified Application Counselor can help you sign up for Illinois Medicaid or a subsidized health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Please call 708-596-5177 ext. 5524 or ext. 5523 or walk-in to Central Reception at the Harvey, IL location to talk with someone on our team. Remember, you can apply for Medicaid year round.Want to Apply for Illinois Medicaid? Here’s How!STEP 1: See if you qualifyYour coverage options depend on your income, family size, and other factors. See the income limits for the Illinois Medicaid based on household sizes here.
Note: In most situations, pregnant women and children qualify for coverage in Illinois.STEP 2: Get your listed items ready
- A valid State ID or Driver’s License
- 1 month of income statements (paystubs from all household income sources)
- Social Security Number (SSN) or proof that you applied for one
If you are a lawfully residing immigrant you will additionally need:
Proof of Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card or
- Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship
Proof of Illinois Residency
- State ID or Driver’s License or
- Utility Bill (i.e. gas bill, water bill, electric bill) with your name and address
STEP 3: Apply Online or Walk-in
Family Christian Health Center (Walk-in or Call Us)!
Need help with the process? We can help you enroll! Please call or walk-in and ask for our Outreach and Enrollment Specialists at 708-596-5177 today!STEP 4: Find Out if You’ve Been Approved
Once your application is submitted it takes up to 45 days to hear a response from the State of Illinois. After your application is approved for Medicaid, you will have the option to choose a health insurance plan through the Client Enrollment Broker Choice process.
Client Enrollment Broker (CEB)
After you’ve been approved for Medicaid, the CEB will send you an initial enrollment packet that will include a letter and “Your Health Plan Choices”, a listing and description of every Health Plan offered within your area. There are three ways you can enroll in a health plan and choose a Primary Care Provider.
- By phone by calling the CEB at 1(877)912-8880
- By mail and filling out the paper enrollment form
- Or online by visiting enrollhfs.illinois.gov
CEB Enrollment Procedures
You have an enrollment period to pick a Health Plan and a PCP (Primary Care Provider). If you do not respond by the date given on the letter, the CEB will auto-assign a health plan and PCP for you. It is very important that when filling out the paper enrollment forms or selecting a plan over the phone, to please remember the following list of insurance plans that we accept.
Did you already choose a health plan?
You can change your health plan anytime in the first 90 days. After that, you are “locked in” and you cannot change health plans for a year but you can change your Primary Care Provider throughout the plan year.
If you’re not sure what type of Medicaid you have (FHP,ICP, MMAI, or ACA), give us a call and we’ll help you at 708-596-5177.
To Enroll Online
What is a Special Enrollment?
You can still buy private insurance through the Marketplace if you have a qualifying life event or a complex situation related to applying in the Marketplace. You generally have 60 days following life events that involved a change in family status or loss of other health care coverage to apply.
What is a Qualifying Life Event?
- Moving from another state
- Having a baby
- Certain changes in income
What is a Complex Situation?
- Enrollment error
- Display errors on healthcare.gov
- Misconduct by an application assistor that resulted in not getting enrolled in a plan
- Unexpected circumstances that kept you from enrolling
Ask our Certified Application Counselor at 708-596-5177 ext. 5524 for more information about Qualifying Life Events. We can help you enroll for an Illinois Marketplace insurance plan if you qualify for a Special Enrollment!
Still have questions? Here are some additional online resources: