“Bold, tireless, creative, unstoppable are words I’d use to describe Dr. Green and her team at Family Christian Health Center. Their patients face daunting and complex challenges. But that doesn’t stop FCHC. Time and again, they identify the most critical issue and marshal their resources to address the problem head-on— whether it’s getting kids school physicals, providing COVID tests or vaccines, or providing excellent maternal health care in communities where it is severely lacking.”
– Jennifer Levine, Civic Leader and FCHC Supporter
Dear Friend, Who we are and where we live determines our ability to thrive. In Chicago’s southland communities, many of our residents suffer poor health because of a lack of access to quality healthcare.
A grandmother living in Harvey has high blood pressure and diabetes.
Buying quality fresh produce can take her up to an hour on public transportation.
Every month, a pregnant mother must spend
two hours on multiple buses to see a doctor for prenatal care.
A teenaged trauma survivor has nowhere to turn for mental health help.
In our service area, some patients must travel 40 miles or more to receive health services. One quarter of the residents in Harvey, Markham and other communities experience poverty. Food deserts are common, with barriers to obtaining fresh food for oneself and family. And, more than 360,000 individuals can’t guarantee their next meal or next week’s and suffer the worst health outcomes in Illinois.
Your support of the Family Christian Health Center with a gift of $2,500; $1,000; $500; or $100 can help change the story of health inequities in Chicago’s southland communities. Make a gift today!
FCHC’s team recognizes the distinct challenges faced by our patients, and provides the care they deserve. Primary care. Maternal care. Mental health services. Dental care. Affordable and accessible nutrition and wellness resources. Babies and seniors, alike. One critical service at a time, patient by patient, year by year.
It is only through support of donors like you that:
- Our new, planned Integrative Health and Wellness Center will provide the mental health services, nutritional counseling, and healthy food and exercise our patients URGENTLY need.
- We can expand our critically needed maternal and child health services, to hire another pediatrician, a maternal behavioral health clinician, and more pregnancy and parenting education.
- We can broaden and deepen our current successful outreach (hypertension kits, diabetes care, immunizations, wellness appointments via Mobile RV, and more) to more of our neighbors.
- We can build on the 22,000 patients we serve each year to reach even more residents
Inclusive to all, the Center accepts patients with and without insurance, and on a sliding fee scale for those who qualify. All patients receive care, regardless of their ability to pay.